WHO ARE WE?
- At SVH, relationships matter.
- We are a school of choice.
- We use a Project-Based Learning approach.
- We strive to increase perspective through real and impactful engagement with our community.
- Students who thrive in our school seek learning that is hands-on, relevant, and personally meaningful.
- Our students say that our school is like a family and especially appreciate having small classes.
- Students often say they choose SVH for its one-on-one connections with their teachers.
- Our students come from all over the Spokane region and graduate to community colleges, 4-year universities, the military, and various apprenticeship programs. We have graduates attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Whitworth University, WSU, Grand Canyon University, Evergreen State College, and EWU to name a few.
- Our school is an accredited, public school that meets all state testing and graduation requirements.
Spokane Valley High School is a choice school built upon relationships and driven to actively challenge students. At Spokane Valley, our teachers and staff members strive to help students develop quality work, engage in critical thinking, and prepare for their future. We begin building relationships during the opening of the school year. We spend the first six days playing trust exercises, name games and other activities to build our community and set the foundation for what we call “Think hard, play hard!” We strive to be an inclusive campus, filled with fun and great memories. Being a project based school means most of our learning is done collaboratively in groups along with working individually. SVH is a small environment that makes it easier for students to learn, build relationships and achieve their goals by getting one on one help from their teachers and peers. Our teachers are caring and inviting, providing office hours where you can come in and get help throughout the week so students can always receive help when they struggle or just need someone to talk with. Our school motto is: together we rise, and at SVH, you will find a place where you belong.